When I look back on 2010 it won't be in anger. Forget the economy, forget the weather, how could a year in which Tipp won a wonderful All-Ireland Final be considered a disaster.
Here are my best moments;
1. The exquisite pass from Noel McGrath to Lar Corbett that led to Tipp's second goal in the All-Ireland Final.
2. The removal of that pompous red-faced windbag John O'Donoghue from his sinecure in the Dail.
3. A definitive production of Death of a Salesman in the Gate - a parable for our times.
4. A glorious Goodwood where I enjoyed five winning days in a row.
5. Finally getting to the Prado and seeing for myself why Velasquez outranks Goya.
6. Sarah Jane Morris at Ronnie Scotts.
7. Novel of the Year: Damon Galgut's In a Strange Room.
8. A visit to Sean McSweeney's studio in Sligo.
9. Peter Green in the Olympia.
10. The winning point by Lar Corbett against Galway in the All-Ireland quarter final.