The Soldiers of Destiny have ruled this country for most of the past 30 years and a fine bloody mess they've made of it. A party that started out representing the under-priviliged against the might of the merchants and large farmers is now in thrall to the building trade and large corporate interests. Their recent craven submission to the pub lobby over cafe bars is par for the course. Haughey's populist posturings don't bear scrutiny and Bertie for all his plain oul' Dub act is a bird of similar plumage.
Let's see what we've got from these guys:
1. A collapsing health system where only the rich get any kind of service.
2. An under-funded education system where 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels are all in crisis.
3. An irredeemably corrupt and inefficient Gardai.
4. A growing violent under class.
5. Living costs escalating out of control through massive indirect taxation and unbridled profiteering.
6. Filthy cities.
7. Unmanageable traffic. The building industry build where it likes and the implications for traffic and other infrastructural matters are neglected.