Friday, March 13, 2020

Cheltenham Day 4 (And Day 3 Post-Morten)

Day 3 Post-Mortem

A veritable blood-bath - hopes dashed, profits wiped out, confidence shattered. It started badly with Itchy Feet falling early on and culminated in Penhill pulling up after a couple of flights. But what hurt most was not the horses that lost, it was the one that won without my support. Sire Du Berlais ran an eye-catching trial last month that I took due note of. However, on the day I made the judgement that he had too much weight - 7 lbs more than last year. He duly cruised home at 10-1. For the stifled impulse there is no redemption.

Day 4

I don’t have a position on the Triumph (1.30) - Solo is too short and the Irish/UK form lines are fuzzy. maybe a nibble on Aspire Tower ew.

The County Hurdle is the usual Mullins/Elliott multiple-entry puzzle. I like Henderson’s Elusive Belle each way. He has collateral form with Epatante - and maybe a saver on Oakley.

The Albert Bartlett is tricky. I’d like Latest Exhibition to win but is he quite good enough. A small bet.

And finally the Gold Cup. I think Alboum Photo is a plodder and will be found out. I’m going for Nichol’s Clan Des Obeaux with a saver on Monalee.