Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cheltenham Day 3 - Thoughts and Strategies

Day 2 was a betting disaster for me. A combination of bad luck and bad judgement. In the first Vyta Du Roc was challenging for the lead at the last when he mistimed his jump and clattered it hard. Kings Palace just wasn't good enough in the second and while Activial made me a few bob by being placed in the Coral Cup he looked all over a winner two out and was only just run out of it. For the rest, silence.

Day 3 is my least favourite day but I will hang in there. The opening Chase could be won easily by Vatour but his price is wrong so I'll risk a go at Ptit Zig for Nichols. In the Printemps that cute Meath hoor Tony Martin has clearly laid out Eydemi - who may or may not stay up the hill. I'll do him and Henderson's Dawalan. I also like Henderson's Whisper in the World Hurdle and will try a few bob on Eduard in the Ryanair chase.