Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Thoughts on Cheltenham Day 2

Great start yesterday with two winners (Altor and Vroum Vroum Mag) and two seconds (Sizing John and My Tent or Yours). The most enjoyable and impressive win was Altior in the Supreme Novices - a race I have done well in historically. The biggest disappointment was Polly Peachum who never got going in the mare's hurdle. I suspect her very hard previous race took its toll.

I can't get too excited about day 2. I won't bet in the first race as I can't decide between Yanworth and Yorkhill. I think No More Heroes will win the RSA and I'll have a few bob on Politologue in the Coral Cup. Un de Sceaux seems unbeatable in the Queen Mother Champion Chase although if Sprinter Sacre could recover his sparkle he may surprise him. The Cross Country chase is usually a benefit for Enda Bolger so Quantitative Easing or Josies Order should win. But mostly I'll just be keeping my powder dry today and watching for fun.